Record Your iPhone Screen
You can record your iPhone screen with nothing more than an iPhone cable and a Mac. It’s a little known feature that Apple tucked away into Quicktime Player for MacOS. Here’s how to do it!
1. Plug your iPhone into your Mac.
2. On your Mac, launch Quicktime Player.
3. Hit File > New Movie Recording.
4. Click the little arrow next to the record button and change the video source to the name of your iPhone.
5. Click record, and it will record your iPhone screen! No additional software or tools needed.
Once you have your iPhone screencast, you can pull the clip into Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, or whatever Video Editer you like to use. From there, you can start editing your footage.
Keep it consistent
When you set out to record your iPhone screen, make sure to choose an orientation and stick to it. This recording method will not allow for you to switch from portrait to landscape orientation and continue recording. You’ll need to capture additional clips if you want to record your iPhone screen in portrait and landscape.
Replace those black bars
If you’re using portrait iPhone footage in a normal 16×9 widescreen video, try to be mindful of those unsightly black bars. In your video editor, you can clean things up by placing a solid color background behind your footage.